AT&T has announced the availability of its award-winning location based services app – AT&T Navigator – on iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Using the latest iPhone OS 3.0 software the app brings full audible and visual turn-by-turn navigation service over the nation’s fastest 3G network.
* Automatic Content Updates: No manual updates required. The latest map and navigating details are automatically available to subscribers at no extra cost.
* Voice and On-Screen Turn-By-Turn Directions: Real-time voice and visual guidance, including street names, automatic re-routes, ETA and total mileage updates. Drivers can also choose among multiple route options, including ‘traffic optimized’; ‘fastest’; ‘prefer streets’; ‘prefer highways’ and ‘pedestrian mode’ to ensure the most customized navigation experience.
* Speech Recognition: Touch and talk capability for instant turn-by-turn directions to destination.
* Traffic Alerts: Real-time route monitoring and proactive searches every five minutes for traffic congestion or incident. Voice and on-screen alerts, plus faster route options provided.
* 3D Maps: Full-color 3D moving map brings navigation to life. Maps provide details on current location, plus streets and interstates within driving distance.
* Business Listings: One-touch access to more than 10 million business listings from YELLOWPAGES.COM. Plus, access to business ratings, phone numbers and one-touch dialing.
* In-Route Customization: Users have the advantage of finding convenient rest stops for gas, food and other needs along their current route – saving both time and mileage.
* Online Trip Planning: Preplan trips, save addresses and manage travel accounts online at www.navpreplan.com. Save locations and send directions straight to iPhone.