The Carminat TomTom navigation system costs less than €500 and provides:
– clear, precise maps on a large, 5.8-inch screen,
– real-time traffic information and alternative route options,
– notification of speed limits,
– a comprehensive selection of points of interest,
– speed-camera alerts (depending on market)
The system’s integration within the dashboard is a pledge of quality and security. It is easy to update and extend, too, by simply linking its SD card to the internet. A permanent, dedicated website (http://www.renault-multimedia.com) provides up-to-the-minute road network data and enables users to make personalized set-up changes.
Renault Fluence benefits from the entry level 60-Watt RadioSat Classic system which includes an MP3-compatible CD player and an RCA connector. For customers who crave more refined performance, Renault has worked with Arkamys® to develop the 3D Sound by Arkamys® system which incorporates:
– a powerful 140W system with eight speakers (four woofers and four tweeters),
– Bluetooth® connectivity,
– Arkamys® digital sonic tuning, which provides three-dimensional surround sound, guarantees precise reproduction and tailors sound to suit the forms of the cabin and the materials employed,
– a double antenna to provide optimal radio reception.
The Plug & Music option enables drivers to control auxiliary players (such as an iPod®, or anything with a USB connection) via the steeringwheel-mounted fingertip remote controls. The menu and playlists are displayed on the dashboard screen.