uLocate, North America’s leading publisher of location-based mobile services, has announced the launch of a next generation mobile traffic application under the Traffic.com brand.
Traffic.com is the largest provider of traffic related data in the U.S. with coverage in 124 major metropolitan areas, providing fastest and shortest routes to commuters based on real-time traffic and incident data and traffic patterns.
The Traffic.com application’s advanced features and functionality includes:
• MyTraffic personalized drives that are synced with the Traffic.com website to allow users to create customized routes.
• Unique JamFactor calculations to quickly inform drivers of the severity of traffic delays using real-time data as well as historical speed flow.
• Real-time, color-coded traffic flow moving maps that can be panned or zoomed to quickly view area traffic congestion or set to GPS mode to move along with commuters built on the NAVTEQ MapTP platform.
• Comprehensive incident data that includes accidents, construction, events, weather and congestion.
• The ability to save favorite roads and road segments for quick access through the traffic dashboard.
• Top traffic hotspots by city or selected roads.
• Mass transit data from local transportation departments.
• Location-enabled discount offers from relevant and trusted merchants enabled through NAVTEQ’s LocationPoint advertising platform.
Traffic.com’s data comes from GPS probe devices, commercial and government partners, center staff members, and a proprietary network of 1,000 digital traffic sensors, creating the most comprehensive traffic data available. Sensor networks update real time speed and volume information every few minutes and incident information is updated continuously throughout the day by local traffic operations staff.
Initially launching on the iPhone and iPod Touch, the Traffic.com app will be available for BlackBerry, Android, and Palm in the near future.