MapQuest has released the MapQuest Navigator for iPhone, a voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation application with local search capabilities. MapQuest Navigator for iPhone is available for a 14-day trial for $0.99 from the App Store.
At the end of the trial period, users can choose the subscription model that best suits their needs: one month at $3.99, three months at $9.99 or one year at $29.99. Subscriptions can be purchased from within the application and are non-recurring–on an opt-in basis only.
MapQuest Navigator for iPhone offers a feature set that is focused on providing helpful driving directions while assisting people to find things along the way, including:
- 2-D and 3-D moving maps to help people follow the route as well as spoken directions with street names
- Route optimization to avoid areas with accidents, construction or other events affecting traffic
- Full route corridor download at the beginning of the journey enables the application to quickly re-routes in case of a missed turn, regardless of network coverage
- One-tap search for businesses along a route via a palette of on-map widgets in categories such as hotels, shopping, gas stations, coffee shops, parking garages and more
- More than 16 million points of interest and maps for the U.S. and Canada