Tele Atlas has unveiled an expanded map for India, which includes coverage of nearly 640,000 kilometers of navigable roads covering more than 75 percent of the country’s urban population.
Available from Tele Atlas Kalyani India Ltd., the new maps include navigable street network coverage for turn-by-turn and location-based applications of 336 cities across the country.
Tele Atlas’ new map of India includes:
• 2D City Maps covering more than 350 square kilometers across eight key Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune;
• 82 3D Landmarks of notable structures in major Indian cities such as Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Dakshineshwar Kali Temple and India Gate;
• Lane and signpost information for major roads in Delhi and Mumbai;
• Coverage of key metropolitan areas, as well as popular weekend holiday destinations such as Alibaug, Kullu-Manali and Mussoorie; and
• More than 1.5 million POIs, across 53 categories including residential buildings and apartments, shops, places of worship, schools, hotels, banks, petrol stations, and other popular destinations and including more than 560,000 villages points.
In comparison, Tele Atlas’ local competitor MapmyIndia and SatNav Technologies have maps that cover over 620 cities and 2 million POIs.
Via: Tele Atlas, GPS Business News.