The Peugeot 408 has been designed and developed in France to fulfil the expectations of Chinese clients and to conquer the local market. It will be manufactured at Wuhan and launched in China in spring 2010, before being launched in Latin America.
The car will get the RNEG 2009 navigation and audio system that offers a host of functionalities:
* large fold-away and three position angle-adjustable 7” 16/9 screen (resolution: 480×234 pixels) offering a bird-view mode;
* complete mapping of China stored on a 4 Gb SD card, leaving the CD function free for music;
* dashboard-mounted CD player with MP3 and WMA compatibility;
* tri-band radio and two aerials for optimal radio frequency reception;
* Bluetooth connection for hands-free telephone communications when the user has a handset with this function. The telephone address directory can be viewed on the onboard display screen;
* USB connection, depending on the version, on the centre console to connect any type of portable audio or video digital device.