Nuance has announced the availability of Nuance Voice Control Automotive, an innovative mobile platform that enables drivers to take advantage of today’s most popular connected services with simple, easy voice commands based on the popular Dragon NaturallySpeaking core speech technology.
Nuance Voice Control Automotive is the industry’s first solution to provide one-button, seamless access to all services —on-board and connected — via a single, consistent voice user interface that leverages advancements in natural language understanding and mobile speech applications.
Dragon is already used and trusted by millions globally via its PC-based dictation software, and the popular Dragon Dictation and Dragon Search Apps for iPhone. Now manufacturers can harness the power of Dragon in their cars to allow drivers to access dynamic real-time information and services including:
* SMS text messaging and email capabilities, allowing drivers to simply speak and send messages while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road;
* Interaction with social networks such as Twitter and Facebook;
* News, weather and traffic updates, and the latest sports scores and stock prices;
* Movie theatre locations, film listings and times;
* Dining options in current area or point of destination; and,
* Price comparisons for hotels, fuel, etc.
The Nuance Voice Control Automotive in-vehicle head unit serves as “mission control,” tying together all solution components to enable high-performance speech interaction with all services available in a connected car environment.
The embedded in-vehicle head unit leverages the Nuance VoCon 3200 speech recognition engine and Nuance Vocalizer text-to-speech (TTS) solution to enable direct speech interaction with on-board applications, while Dragon technology is used for connected capabilities.