Ford has expanded the SYNC TDI services to include stock quotes, entertainment, travel and movie categories, in addition to the already available traffic, directions, news and business search capabilities.
The new services are provided by Microsoft Tellme, one of the many partners in Ford’s cloud-based Service Delivery Network, which gives SYNC users the ability to use a simple Bluetooth-enabled cell phone to connect and voice request the information they want while in the car.
The new SYNC TDI categories offer the following options:
* Say a company name and receive real-time stock quotes
* Request other specifics such as the high/low of the day, of a 52-week period, share volume, market cap and price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio
* Speak an astrological sign to hear the daily horoscope
* Hear list of astrological signs
* Search for movie theaters near customer’s current location or provided city
* Receive lists of new releases
* Say a movie name and receive rating information, theater names where movies are playing
* Request movie times at a location for today, tomorrow or the next day
* Request to be directly connected to 150 airlines, the 50 largest hotel chains and the 11 largest rental car agencies – all in the U.S.