Telmap has announced the first commercial launch of Telmap5 Mobile Location Companion together with Pelephone, Israel’s pioneers in cellular communication.
The solution will be known to Pelephone users as “Navigator GPS+” and was fully customized to reflect Pelephone’s brand and spirit.
Navigator GPS+ features several new content layers, enabling users to search for and access up-to-date information from a variety of content providers.
Content layers integrations are server-based and can be easily expanded and modified, allowing the addition of endless sources of content without the need to update the client application.
These are some of the new features and content integrations included in Navigator GPS+:
• WOZZON – a local event guide for extensive events information
• Rest – Israel’s leading restaurant guide
• Golden Pages – Israel’s local yellow pages directory
• Pango widget – allowing in-application, one-click payment for parking through Israel’s most popular cellular parking service
• Traffic on map – presenting in-the-vicinity traffic loads (color-coded for heavy, medium, and light traffic conditions) right on the map
• Hebrew-spoken street names as part of voice instructions –optimizing user experience
Navigator GPS+ is launched across a broad portfolio of devices using a wide range of operating systems such as BlackBerry, Symbian and Java. The service is included in several of Pelephone’s tariff plans and is also available through a monthly subscription option.
Ziv Kessleman, Head of Products and Value Added Services, Pelephone said, “GPS Navigator is one of Pelephone’s most growing and successful services… In addition the user experience is now much more interactive, and encourages daily use of the service.
GPS Navigator+ also includes a web interface, allowing address search on the Pelephone website and sending the results directly to the user’s device or to other subscribers. We expect that Telmap’s GPS Navigator + will help us achieve the very important milestone: half a million subscribers, by the end of the year”.