With version 1.4, TomTom has integrated several situation-specific multitasking capabilities to the iPhone App to ensure that users can continue to receive the best routing directions from their TomTom App even while they take advantage of other iPhone Applications:
* Seamless Navigation while Calling – Users can now make and answer calls while navigating with the help of visual turn-by-turn instructions. With this feature, users see visual instructions even when they are on a call, so they never have to choose between making or taking a call and receiving continuous directions to their destination.
* Background Navigation Instructions– Users can see other Apps on the screen while still receiving spoken turn-by-turn instructions from the TomTom App, while it operates in the background.
The latest version of the TomTom App for iPhone version 1.4 includes additional advanced features to enhance the navigation experience:
* New, Updated Maps – Maps come pre-loaded with the App, so no data plan, mobile signal or roaming charges are required to browse the map or navigate to a destination.
* Route Sharing – Drivers can now send details of their current location, destination, and route to their contacts, via email. This feature provides an easy way to keep friends and family up to date on where a driver is, and where they are headed.
* Departure Reminder – Drivers can now receive departure reminders when they plan upcoming trips and add them to their calendar, so they will be prompted by their iPhone when it’s time to get on the road.
* Eco-friendly Routing – Drivers can save money and reduce impact on the environment by driving with these more fuel-efficient routes. By using its advanced routing technology and the driving data of millions of TomTom users, the TomTom App can now provide a route option with a lower environmental impact.
* Car Symbols – Drivers can now personalize the car symbol on the driving screen by choosing the car icon, symbol and color that best meets their style.