The developers of MeeGo have announced the release of MeeGo V1.0 for In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI).
This release includes a sample IVI Home Screen and taskbar, using the included Qt framework, and designed with a focus on Automotive Center Console HMI requirements.
The release also includes automotive specific middleware components and a few sample applications, including sample navigation program (Navit) and a sample dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer) which uses Bluetooth and a paired phone.
The MeeGo IVI V1.0 includes:
* Kernel version 2.6.33
* Home screen and taskbar for launching and managing applications
* Sample navigation (Navit)
* Sample Bluetooth-enabled dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer)
* UI for managing network connections
* Fennec Browser is MeeGo’s Qt based web browser for IVI
* Packages from open source automotive projects are included for audio management, resource management, persistent storage management, CE device management, and system health management