Garmin has recently added a new PND to its offerings, the nuLink! 1695, with a large 5 inch touchscreen display.
• A comprehensive POI database with local search functionality via Google.
• White page telephone listing feature to search for a person’s street address by their first and last name or phone number.
• ecoRoutes to create routes that are optimized for using less fuel.
• nuRoute historical route navigation
• myTrends to predict destination without user needing to activate a route
• Local event information and movie listing
• Real time flight status
• Bluetooth to allow driver to use it as a hands free system for calls
• Preloaded maps of North America
It also offers access to the nuLink! Store so the user can buy additional optional premium services that offer information like real-time advanced weather with Nexrad radar and severe weather alerts, and premium safety camera alerts.
The device comes with a year of free nuLink! services after which the connected services will cost $5 per month.
The device will launch in the US in September for $449.99.