MyVolt.com, a new website that will give Chevrolet Volt owners the ability to remotely access operational information specific to their vehicle and control various functions of their car, will be available this month for select smart phones, OnStar President Chris Preuss said today.
The new website leverages OnStar’s real-time data connection to enhance the overall Volt ownership experience. It allows owners to perform tasks including checking their battery’s state of charge, setting the charge time and unlocking the doors. It also:
* Displays charge status, indicating whether the car is plugged in or not, and at what voltage (120V or 240V)
* Provides flexibility to “Charge Now” or schedule charging at a later time
* Displays percentage of battery charge level and expected electric and total ranges
* Displays miles per gallon, electric only miles, odometer readings and miles driven for last trip
* Remotely starts the vehicle to pre-condition the interior temperature
Volt owners will be able to manually set grid-friendly charge modes for off-peak times when electricity rates are lowest and then send text or email notifications for charge reminders, interruptions of charging and when a full charge is complete.
Chevrolet Volt owners can also opt-in to receive a monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics e-mail report summarizing the results from queries of several hundred diagnostic trouble codes as well as understanding their energy efficiency, maintenance information, tire pressure, and OnStar account status.
The new site also links Chevrolet Volt owners direct to social media channels like Facebook and Twitter facilitating the immediate sharing of information like energy efficiency, driving history, rate/charging details and other vehicle operational attributes to their personal social network.
The Volt comes standard with five years of OnStar Directions and Connections service, which includes Automatic Crash Response, OnStar Destination Download and eNAV Navigation, Hands-Free Calling and Stolen Vehicle Assistance. The OnStar MyLink Mobile App will be available for Volt owners on select smartphones Oct. 30.