Sierra Wireless has announced the launch of AirPrime AR Series embedded modules, designed specifically for automotive manufacturers.
Automotive systems present a uniquely challenging environment for wireless technologies, requiring solutions that can withstand extreme temperatures, thermal shocks, constant vibration, and humidity over many years.
The Sierra Wireless AirPrime AR Series include:
• Tolerance for up to 1,000 thermal shock cycles
• Full certification with ISO 9001:2000 quality standards and ISO/TS 16949:2002 manufacturing processes
• Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 degrees Celsius
• Compliance with multiple automotive manufacturing and quality processes including AQPQ, PPAP, PCN, and 8D
• Solder-down form factor and optional Embedded SIM to create a more reliable and less expensive solution
With models supporting the full range of 2G and 3G network technologies and frequency bands used worldwide, customers can design solutions once and address virtually any regional market.
The AirPrime AR Series provides an open platform for customer application development, including dedicated APIs for telematics applications.
Read more here: Sierra