BMW India will launch BMW Navigation Professional as standard feature on all BMW 7 Series models from 01 November 2010. BMW Navigation Professional is a comprehensive solution with all on board systems.
BMW Navigation Professional operates through the on board iDrive control with integrated Global Positioning System (GPS) and a rich-colour 10.2-inch high-resolution display, instrument cluster and rear-seat navigation control.
Currently the BMW Navigation Professional is being introduced in the flagship model the BMW 7 Series; subsequently will be offered in other BMW models as well.
A variety of entry formats for destination entry are available that include PIN (Postal Identification Number) intuitive spelling entry and previous destinations. Also, establishes the current location of the vehicle automatically.
BMW India has engaged the services of CE Info Systems Private Limited, a leading provider of digital map data and consumer navigation services which provide GPS based enterprise solutions under the brand MapmyIndia.
Map updates will be available at BMW India dealerships twice a year keeping the data current and more comprehensive with enhanced navigable attributes like one-way, turn restrictions etc. and more number of cities at a detailed level.
Standard Features in BMW Navigation Professional include:
• Fixed, full-colour 10.2″ display with1280x480 pixel resolution,
• Intuitive operation with BMW iDrive controller having direct-selection buttons
• Extended 9.2″ info display in the instrument cluster
• Hard-disc supported system including 12 GB memory
• BMW Radio Professional with tuner
• Anti-dazzle monitor with split-screen function (navigation system/on-board computer),
• Perspective and of direction destination mapping options
Note: Optional Features available are Voice Control for navigation functions, TV Function and Head-up display.