Volkswagen’s Insurance Services Group has developed an iPhone application called UnfallHilfe (Accident Aid).
In the event of an accident, users can make use of this app to receive step-by-step instructions on how to file an online claims report – describe how the accident happened, take any photos (and note other important data) and send it straight to Volkswagen Insurance Services at the push of a button.
The main features include:
1) A ‘best practice’ guide – how to react and things to consider after an accident.
2) Online claims reporting – use the app to fill an online report and send it straight to VW Insurance Services.
3) Service centre locator – find the nearest VW service centre.
4) Parking location and timer – to see where the car is parked and how long it has been parked (to avoid parking tickets).
5) Torch feature – using the iPhone as a torch to help in the dark.
6) Weather warning – weather alerts for the current location.
In addition, the app includes a 112 button for emergency services and 110 to call the Police.
The app was created in cooperation with the Hamburg-lb-lab GmbH, which has already developed several applications for well known brands and media companies.
The app is available to all iPhone users as a free download from the Apple iTunes Store.
Source: Volkswagen Bank, iTunes.