Visteon is bringing the benefits of the Internet to the automobile through platforms that add value for automakers and consumers.
In-vehicle connectivity solutions that Visteon will display at CES include:
• An online marketplace featuring a “Wall of Apps” showcasing innovations in navigation, radio, voice, traffic and more;
• Scalable platform solutions for next-generation infotainment, fully compliant with requirements of the GENIVI open source software alliance, of which Visteon is a founding member; and
• Integration of flexible operating systems and platforms, compatible with consumer electronics industry standards such as Qt, Java and Android.
Visteon will also display a range of products that enhance what consumers see, hear and touch in the vehicle.
Examples of Visteon’s innovative human-machine interaction (HMI) technologies at CES will include:
• Intuitive controls including gesture recognition, haptics, multifunction controllers, reconfigurable displays and the iPad as an interface to the in-vehicle infotainment system; and
• Media management using instinctive command and control of multimedia content.