Broadcom showcased its latest connectivity innovations for automotive at CES 2013. Its new Connected Car Zone featured wired and wireless technology demonstrations from Broadcom and leading automotive and tech partners including Continental, Digital Design, XMOS and Freescale Semiconductor.
Broadcom says it is driving innovation in automotive, providing the network backbone for today and tomorrow’s connected car.
Broadcom’s Connected Car Zone Demonstrations:
– Miracast WiFi Infotainment Display
– Infotainment touch screen shares video over WiFi to rear seat display
– Intelligent GPS Navigation and Bluetooth Technology
– Continental Advance Driver Assist and Infotainment Demo (Enabled by BroadR-Reach Technology)
– 2x camera modules, head unit, amplifier, ATM module, Power over data line
– Digital Design Advanced Driver Assist Camera Demo
– 4x camera modules – Freescale Semiconductor Audio Amplifier Demo
– Head unit touch display, amplifier, audio output
– XMOS Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Platform
– Audio and MPEG-2 transport over AVB