Tesla has developed an Android app allowing drivers to control and communicate with their Tesla Model S electric vehicles.
The Tesla Model S Beta app puts Model S owners in direct communication with their cars anytime, anywhere. With this app, owners can:
– Check charging progress in real time and start or stop charge
– Heat or cool Model S before driving — even if it’s in a garage
– Locate Model S with directions or track its movement across a map
– Flash lights or honk the horn to find Model S when parked
– Vent or close the panoramic roof
– Lock or unlock from afar
Tesla says known issues with the Tesla Model S Beta app include occasional user interface glitches. The app requires Android version 2.2 and up.