Hyundai Motor America announced the updated standard services packages for Blue Link-equipped 2018 Hyundai vehicles and 2017 IONIQ models.
Hyundai is also making key Blue Link safety and security features like Automatic Collision Notification, SOS Emergency Assistance and Stolen Vehicle Recovery standard to subscribers. These important features include immediate access to the Blue Link Emergency Response Center in the event of an accident, faster connection to emergency services and 24/7, 365 days/year access to emergency assistance via the dedicated SOS button. Blue Link can also assist the police in locating and recovering an owner’s stolen car.
The complete set of standard features included are:
- Connected Care Package
- Automatic Collision Notification
- SOS Emergency Assistance
- Monthly Vehicle Health Report
- Automatic Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification
- Service Link
- Maintenance Reminder
- Driving Information
- On-Demand Diagnostics
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Blue Link Mobile App now with Charge Management for electric and PHEV models
- Remote Package – Most features can be activated via Amazon Alexa skill, smartphone app or smartwatch
- Remote Door Lock / Unlock
- Remote Horn and Lights
- Remote Start with Climate Control (Requires push button start)
- Car Finder
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- Stolen Vehicle Slowdown
- Stolen Vehicle Immobilization
- Alarm Notification
- Curfew Alert
- Speed Alert
- Valet Alert
- Guidance Package – Requires Onboard Navigation
- Multimedia and Navigation Updates (Provides complimentary map updates)
- Destination Search Powered by Google
- Destination Send-to-Car by Google
In addition to making the current features standard, Hyundai will tackle the inconvenience of outdated map software by offering free downloads to maintain up-to-date navigation programming on the system’s SD card via the MyHyundai website.
The complimentary updates also will be available for three years as part of the Guidance Package.