Wunder Mobility, a mobility technology company in Europe, announced its official U.S. headquarters based in Los Angeles. The company also announced it has completed $60 million in Series B financing from existing investors, including Blumberg Capital and KCK. The expansion and new capital will enhance Wunder Mobility’s capabilities to provide innovative mobility technology to enable companies, municipalities and fleet operators to improve urban transportation and provide infrastructure for the smart cities of the future.
Wunder Mobility is the go-to technology service provider to major OEMs, cities and mobility start-ups across the world, including Daimler, Toyota, Yamaha, BMW, Volkswagen as well as the city of Hamburg. In the United States, Wunder is currently working with an automotive company as well as some exciting early-stage start-ups. For example, Caramel, a car-sharing startup and Kuhmute, a charging station provider from Flint Michigan.
The transportation industry in America is at an inflection point. Historically, private vehicle ownership has driven huge economies, generated massive influence on policy and been central to the American identity since the automobile was first invented. But large-scale trends like urbanization, declining car ownership among younger generations and climate change are impacting the automotive’s role as the center of Americanism. This presents a challenge for stakeholders within the mobility space, from OEMs to fleet operators to those new market entrants who are trying to respond and harness these trends.
Wunder Mobility addresses these issues by providing any company, including OEMs, fleet operators and mobility startups, with a flexible, multi-modal technology solution marketed to their customers, using their brand. Wunder Mobility’s core product offerings include the following:
- Wunder Carpool: an innovative technology solution for commuter carpooling that aims to reduce traffic density and improve air quality levels in cities
- Wunder Shuttle: a solution for all types of on-demand ridesharing services with professional drivers, which can be integrated seamlessly with existing means of transport
- Wunder Fleet: delivers technology to power all vehicle sharing services ranging from bikes to electric scooters and cars
- Wunder Rent: a solution that enables rental car customers, to book, pay and open a rental via their mobile phones
- Wunder City: helps cities evaluate, plan and regulate mobility companies by aggregating and understanding data.
- Wunder Park: provides smart solutions for digital parking management.