Wallbox announced the U.S. introduction of Quasar, the world’s first bidirectional EV charger for the home. Quasar not only charges EVs but can also send electricity back to the grid or even power a home.
Quasar’s Key Features and Benefits
- Two-way charging: Wallbox’s Quasar is a global first—the first bidirectional charger exclusively for home. Previously this bidirectional technology was only available at three times the price in very large formats in pilot projects used in fleet depots.
- Sustainable consumption: Quasar is also compatible with solar and battery storage systems to bring the ultimate optimization between home, vehicle, renewable energy generation and the grid. It offers the unique possibility to store excess energy in your EV, and use it when needed.
- Saves money in the long-term: Quasar brings new technology to the home and is also the only charger to be able to provide a return on investment over time by optimizing when and how you use your energy or by providing energy services to the utility grid similar to how solar panels can generate a payback for the energy put back into the grid.
- Control with an app: Quasar works with a mobile app (iOS and Android) and energy management platform that helps in managing bidirectional usage. It works in tandem with the utilities grid and the energy management system at home (thermostat, lights, etc.). As a Quasar owner, one can easily set parameters on how much of EV battery to be used so that one has to never worry about the car being completely drained.
- Easy to access with facial recognition, touchscreen and gesture recognition: Quasar also features optional advanced facial recognition and gesture control technology which is convenient for access, allowing security and the flexibility to propagate accounts to friends and neighbors. In addition to facial recognition, Quasar can also authenticate using Bluetooth proximity, the Wallbox app, and RFID.
Wallbox’s Extensive Global Smart Charger Product Line
The company will also demonstrate its full product lineup including:
- Pulsar Plus – Compact, economical and packed full of technology and features. It works seamlessly across all EVs on the road. Competitively priced, it still manages to pack in a host of advanced technologies such as real-time control via the MyWallbox platform, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, integrations with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and connectivity with other smart devices like Apple and Android watches.
- Copper – Copper is the world’s only electric vehicle charger to utilize face and gesture recognition technology in a design-forward package. The distinctive looking Copper has been successful in all major electric vehicle markets for its compact, unique design and utilization of premium materials. It also includes practical features such as Power Sharing between Wallbox chargers and accessibility of multiple users via RFID, facial recognition, or app authentication.
- Commander 2 – Commander 2 has a strengthened glass touch-screen and access via multiple forms of identification like PIN code, RFID, and app authentication. Commander 2 includes features like Dynamic Power Sharing between Wallbox chargers and also allows managing groups of multiple users and chargers with the myWallbox Business platform. Importantly, it maintains these functionalities even when the internet goes down because each charger has the critical intelligence onboard.
- MyWallbox – The MyWallbox charging management platform is always connected to the internet and can be accessed either with the iOS or Android mobile app or web portal. You can remotely control your charging session in real-time, manage multiple users and chargers, and review charging data anytime. And because it is cloud-based, new functionalities are added automatically, which keeps you up to speed with innovations.