Avnet Silica, an Avnet company, has announced a new supplier agreement with Qorvo, a provider of innovative radio frequency (RF) solutions. Avnet Silica will build upon one of the industry’s most complete portfolios for RF solutions to address the automotive market as well as a broad range of power management applications. The agreement extends Avnet’s existing partnership in Asia to include Avnet Silica in Europe and the Americas region.
In automotive, Avnet Silica focuses on a wide selection of areas for the digitally connected car, such as:
- Antennas supporting multiple high-speed data streams simultaneously
- Infotainment solutions supporting C-V2X / DSRC, Wi-Fi, SDARS, GPS, LTE and 5G technologies for satellite radio and navigation
- Applications to increase driver safety and awareness
- Products for telematics applications that connect vehicles to the cloud such as vehicle tracking, fleet management, satellite navigation or mobile internet
All the Qorvo products for this sector come with AEC-Q100 / AEC-Q200 qualification, enabling a fast time to market for automotive customers. In power management, the Qorvo products are designed to be used across diverse sectors in industrial, commercial and consumer markets. For example, through the acquisition of Active-Semi, Qorvo’s portfolio now includes:
- Battery management ICs offering configurable single-chip solutions for ultra-compact battery-operated devices that use Li-ion or Li-polymer based batteries
- A range of high- and low-power buck and boost DC/DC converters covering input voltages from 2.7 to 40V ? single-chip solutions for various motor- and power-cont
- Single-chip solutions for various motor- and power-control applications via the Power Application Controller® (PAC) family of ICs, plus all the necessary analog circuitry and power management peripherals ?
- An impressive selection of power management ICs combining world-class power conversion characteristics with intelligent system management