Hyundai Motor America has announced pricing for the 2020 Sonata Hybrid, starting at $27,750 for the extremely fuel-efficient Sonata Hybrid Blue and $35,300 for the new range-topping Sonata Hybrid Limited. Sonata Hybrid will be available at U.S. dealerships in June.
Continuing to promote the latest advances in technology, the new Sonata Hybrid offers an optional smartphone-based Hyundai Digital Key. Digital Key uses a dedicated mobile app, Near Field Communication (NFC), and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to allow a new Sonata to be unlocked, started and driven without a physical key, via a smartphone. Sonata’s Digital Key also allows secure sharing of virtual keys with family and friends. Sonata owners can tailor the different vehicle functions available to each shared virtual key, and can make the key available for only a defined amount of time. The vehicle owner can preset the duration of vehicle use or limit the use to only certain features when loaning the vehicle, and can revoke keys remotely. For additional convenience, such as using a valet service or visiting a Hyundai dealer, Hyundai Digital Key also works with an NFC card, which will be provided with each vehicle. Each Sonata still comes with traditional keys. At this time, Hyundai Digital Key is compatible only with phones using the Android operating system.
The connected car team at Hyundai continues to improve Blue Link’s services, and the 2020 Sonata Hybrid received many system enhancements. As with most Hyundai models, Blue Link is complimentary on the 2020 Sonata Hybrid for three years and includes Remote Start with Climate Control, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Stolen Vehicle Recovery and Destination Search by Voice. These 2020 improvements include:
- Remote Profile Management—stores select vehicle settings to the Blue Link cloud and enables the user to update them remotely and push them back to the vehicle
- Remote Start Enhancements:
- Remote seat heat/vent (full support on/off for each individual heated/cooled seat; ability to adjust level)
- Profile selection (preloads individual driver setting for seating position and side mirrors)
- Vehicle Status Notifications—if the vehicle is left with doors unlocked or windows open, customers will receive a notification
- Maintenance Alert Enhancement—maintenance interval tracking is now visible in the multimedia system, with ability to reset