Jeep brand took the wraps off its new 2022 Jeep Compass at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show, showcasing an authentic, new premium design and an all-new modern interior with advanced safety and security features, including semi-autonomous driving and a host of next-generation technologies, to make it the connected, technologically advanced Compass.
Available in five different trim configurations: Sport, Latitude, new Latitude LUX, Limited and the rugged Trail Rated Trailhawk, the 2022 Jeep Compass is scheduled to arrive in Jeep showrooms in North America in the fall of 2021.
The most technologically equipped Jeep Compass ever features significant next-generation innovations that are designed to keep passengers well-informed and connected while on the road.
All-new Uconnect 5 system
The new 2022 Jeep Compass features the latest, most advanced Uconnect system ever, with a new 10.1-inch infotainment center stack display. The all-new Uconnect 5 delivers an intuitive user experience and operating speeds that are five times faster when compared to the previous generation. By utilizing an Android operating system and over-the-air updates, Uconnect 5 brings flexibility that will allow the system to continuously evolve to offer new content, features and connected services.
The Uconnect 5 system offers more personalization and features with unmatched ease of use. The suite of system highlights includes:
- Standard 8.4-inch (largest standard entry-level touchscreen in its class) and 10.1-inch digital touchscreens
- Five user profiles plus a valet mode – customizable music preferences, apps, seat position, mirror angles and climate comfort levels
- Fully customizable home screen for quick, one-touch access to frequently used features
- Simultaneous connectivity for two Bluetooth-enabled phones
- Standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Alexa “Home to Car” functionality now includes in-vehicle Alexa virtual assistant with natural speak voice control and “Car to Home” features
- All-new Uconnect mobile app
- TomTom navigation with predictive search, natural speak voice control and live traffic updates
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot to connect up to eight wireless devices
The Compass is well-equipped to keep vehicle occupants connected while on the go. Functionality is enhanced for front-row passengers with an available wireless charging pad on Latitude models and above, plus standard USB Type A and Type C ports that allow devices to charge up to four times faster. Standard on all price classes is second-row USB Type A, with an optional Type C, port to charge wireless devices.
Also new for the 2022 Jeep Compass is an available full-color 10.25-inch frameless digital TFT gauge cluster with nearly two dozen different menus from which the user can select, including driver-assist technologies, such as adaptive cruise control, available pedestrian/cyclist detection and speed limit traffic signs display. Additional settings include media being played, caller identification, digital speed readout, drive modes or tire pressure. The cluster features five reconfigurable tiles for at-a-glance data or quick and easy access to the most used information. Drivers may choose between analog or digital instrumentation. Sport and Latitude models are equipped with a standard 3.5-inch cluster, while a 7-inch full-color cluster is available on Latitude and comes standard on Latitude LUX, Limited and Trailhawk. The new 10.25-inch cluster is available on Trailhawk and Limited models and comes standard with the High Altitude Package.