The Automotive Edge Computing Consortium (AECC) and SBD Automotive have issued an open invitation to the upcoming webinar, “Coordinating the Connected Car and Network Edge to Avoid Breaking the Internet.” The event takes place on Thursday, October 20 at 10 a.m. Eastern and is free to attend, but advanced registration is required. Attendees will receive a complimentary AECC and SBD Automotive white paper titled “Advancing Connected Vehicle Technology at the Network Edge,” detailing Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and best practices for addressing the connected vehicle services market opportunity.
By 2025, all new vehicles will be connected, requiring fast internet, artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics to deliver services such as HD mapping, intelligent driving and more. The potential economic impact of this shift is enormous, as is the opportunity for MNOs. However, today’s network is not optimized to support the data needs of the connected vehicle services promise. The AECC is working to tackle this impending data challenge with PoCs designed to help meet growing data demands.
About the “Coordinating the Connected Car and Network Edge to Avoid Breaking the Internet” Webinar
Webinar attendees will hear from knowledgeable, industry-renowned speakers, including:
- Kurt Dusterhoff – SBD Automotive Consulting Manager (Moderator)
- Roger Berg– AECC Communications Vice Chair, Vice President of DENSO’s North American Research and Development Group (Presenter)
- Christer Boberg– AECC Secretary, Director of Ericsson Group Strategy (Presenter)
Panelists Will Discuss:
- How OEMs, MNOs, Cloud and App providers can take advantage of the connected vehicle services market opportunity
- What data requirements are needed to deliver on the connected vehicle services promise
- Why PoC opportunities will enable companies to lead and shape the success of this evolving connected vehicle services industry