The Networking for Autonomous Vehicles (NAV) Alliance, announced the expansion of its membership with companies Amphenol, HARMAN International, LEONI Bordnetz-Systeme, Rosenberger Hochfrequenztechnik, and Sony. NAV Alliance members represent the pinnacle of technology leadership available for autonomous vehicles within their own respective market segments. These new members join Aquantia, Bosch, Continental, Molex, NVIDIA, Sumitomo Electric, Tektronix and Volkswagen in shaping the future of transportation.
The NAV Alliance membership participates in five technical working groups focused on developing a comprehensive ecosystem for Multi-Gig Ethernet networking in autonomous vehicles. These technical working groups include:
- Protocol Encapsulation for Ethernet
- System Controls and Management
- 25G and 50G Automotive Ethernet PHY Specifications
- Physical Layer System & Component Integration
- EMC Requirements and Limits