Hyundai introduced its redesigned eco-friendly IONIQ car lineup in a North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. IONIQ Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid, and Electric cars all receive refreshed exterior and interior designs added infotainment technology and new Hyundai SmartSense active safety features and driving assistance systems.
Drivers of the new 2020 IONIQ Electric can also enjoy 170 miles of range thanks to an upgraded 38.3-kWh battery with 36% more energy capacity. All 2020 IONIQ models also receive revised feature packaging because of all the product enhancements. IONIQ Hybrid with an EPA estimated 58 combined MPG remains the fuel economy leader for a non-plug-in vehicle. The new IONIQ Hybrid, Plug-in and Electric are available to customers now.
2020 IONIQ Electric Enhancements
- Driving range increases from 124 miles to 170 miles exceeding Nissan Leaf
- Battery pack capacity increases from 28 kWh to 38.3 kWh
- On-board charger increases from 6.6 kW to 7.2 kW increasing charging speed
- Using a 100-kW fast-charging station, the new battery can reach 80% charge in as little as 54 minutes
- 133 combined MPGe makes IONIQ Electric one of the most efficient vehicles sold in the U.S.
- Horsepower increases from 118 hp. to 134 hp.